The Newest Newman!

pregnancy calendar

Monday, October 20, 2008

Ibuteral Worked

Hi friends,

I spoke with my sister this morning and she informed me that the Ibuteral is working and the fluid has left Devon's lungs. This means they can take him off the medication now.

Good news indeed. Also, still no major acid reflux attacks in the past couple of weeks, praise you Jesus! The intestines are still going strong and now they're just waiting for him to grow some more. I spoke with my Aunt Sue who visited just yesterday and she said that the room he is in now has a window and he loved to look out it, that he's so alert and responsive. She also said that they told Ashley that next week they will start "unplugging" him for short periods of time so that she and Ron can walk around with him, even take him outside for a bit, which I know will be a very exciting time for Ashley and Ron.



Days until I get to see my little man again: 13!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such fantastic progress for which I truly am giving thanks!

And a brand new room, complete with a window? The sunshine and rain can be very facinatingand no doubt the fall colours are captivating to such young eyes.

Feast away on life, Devon!

With love & prayers,

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Nikki,
I am so impressed with all of the work you have done with this blog. What a wonderful aunt, sister, daughter you are.
My heart and thoughts and prayers are with Devon, Ashley, and your mom, who is one of my dearest friends. You truely touched my heart when you commented about a grandma's love being just one tiny step away from a mothers love. That is so true. You are a wise woman. Thanks for the updates and pics. I will share them with my daughters who are all rootin for Devon. Love to you all, Beth

Nicole said...

Beth, so wonderful to hear from you! I would love your email address! Send it to my "junk" email address that I only use for internety stuff and I'll email you from my real address. My junk email is

nycce2@yahoo.com

THanks so much for stopping by and for your prayers for mom, Ash, and our little Devon. But sure to come back in bout two weeks as I will see Ash and Devon on the 2nd an will have more updates and picture up after that.

Blessings!

-Nicole